Hi ! How are you?
There seems to be a misconception around 'helping people' and a tendency to move towards specific training that is overly complicated, sometimes daunting and often ends up sitting on the 'shelf' - The Healthy Conversation Skills training aims to de-mystify the art of 'giving help' and build confidence in everyone.
This 3 hour, fully interactive virtual training is designed to encourage and support the philosophy behind Making Every Contact Count (MECC) with added peer support, networking opportunities and a desire to implement what they learn in their daily lives
We all have a shared responsibility to be healthy in the conversations we have with our residents/customers and each other. We need to invest time in the development of our skills now while there is a collective consideration of health and inequality made so evident in the current pandemic.
If people are empowered to be proactive and opportunistic in their approach to helping others with more complex issues like mental health and sexual health: they will need to be confident in having a basic conversation; using reflection, open discovery questions and a person centred, asset based approach.
This 3 hour, fully interactive on line training is designed to encourage and support the philosophy behind Making Every Contact Count (MECC) with added peer support, networking opportunities and a desire to implement what they learn in their daily lives
By the end of the course delegates will:
• Understand how healthy conversations can help people to have better interactions
• Learn about reflective practice and how it can help in your daily life as well as at work
• Understand the factors that can make changing behaviours difficult
• Learn how to actually help people to help themselves!
• Understand how to make SMARTER goals for yourself, or help others in setting theirs.
• Become part of a larger network of people who want to help!