Safer Care Target Group:
All newly approved carers, as soon after approval as possible. All other carers who need an update on policy, practice and research.
This course will look at why it is important to think about Safe Care in relation to foster carers, their families and wider networks, ensuring children and young people in care are safe in a family environment.
This is an interactive training course, looking at different areas of risk and how to minimise them. You will also understand more about Local Area Designated Officer (LADO), the risks that the digital world poses and the process of investigating allegations.
1. To develop strategies, knowledge and understanding that ensures safer caring in a ‘risk sensible’ way
2. Have an understanding of Delegated Authority
3. Weigh up risks in a variety of circumstances
4. Understand the procedure for investigating an allegation against a foster carer
5. Develop strategies for keeping all members of the family and extended network safe
6. Understand the importance of working within an anti racist/anti-discriminatory way when engaging children, young people and their families
This course will be delivered via a webinar and you will be sent a link to access the course by email a couple of days before the training date. Please make sure that you log into the link at least 15-20 minutes before the course is due to take place to ensure that the link is working. If you have any difficulties please contact Learning and Development.
Once you have successfully logged in you can make yourself comfortable for the training session.
Please note: When you log in th trainer may place you in a virtual waiting area