Family Group Conference (FGC) offers all families that receive a pre-proceedings letter from their local authority an opportunity of a FGC meeting. Early independent evaluation found that this use of FGC increased by 15% the number of children safely staying within their family network and decreased by 21% the number of cases going forward in to proceedings.
During some of the most stressful periods of their lives, we have seen families come together in a Family Group Conference to make safe decisions for children at risk. The vast, majority took the opportunity and went on to make workable, safe and sustainable plans for their children
This 90 minute workshop will be led by Lis Gohrisch, Programme Manager for Daybreak Family Group Conferences.
• To determine the values, principles and structure of FGCs.
• To outline the referral process, what makes a good referral and time scales.
• To identify the referral criteria in Portsmouth.
• To understand the role of the referrer and other service providers within the FGC process.
• To understand the role of the coordinator within the FGC process.