Safeguarding in a Strength Based Way (All ASC PCC Staff)
Target group: Basic awareness course for all ASC staff.
Aim: A strengths-based approach to adult safeguarding goes beyond a focus on the person’s vulnerability to engaging in conversations which focus on the service user’s strengths and resilience, and which identify the outcomes that the person wants to achieve for themselves to promote their wellbeing and stay safe. It also involves identifying the strengths and resources in the wider family and community that can build resilience for the person and reduce the risk of harm. Strengths-based safeguarding is underpinned by the six principles of adult safeguarding.
Please add the date into your calendar.
• Be able to describe the strengths-based approach to adult safeguarding
• Be able to engage in quality service user-led conversations to empower people, so building resilience
• Be able, through conversation, to recognise opportunities to connect service users with family members, significant others and community resources, to reduce the risk of safeguarding issues arising in the future
• Be more confident in discussing sometimes sensitive and difficult safeguarding concerns with a person, giving opportunity and support for this to be a service user-led conversation
• Feel able to support a service user-led approach to risk and decision making
Please be aware that by making this booking and agreeing to the terms and conditions, you are confirming you have your managers authorisation to attend this training and are aware of the cancellation/non-attendance charges that apply.
Managers will receive notification of delegates none attendance, late cancellations or part attendance.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions this is a virtual training session on “Zoom”. You will access the training using your device (desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smart mobile phone). You will need an internet connection, as well as a microphone, camera and speakers on your device. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have this equipment, and that you can access Zoom.